The latest iPad and iPhone software has been approved and is live in the store for updates and new customers. Here are the main updates:
- We are putting the Touchscreen Mode option directly on the Control Bar (so just one tap to turn it On/Off)
- Activating Touchscreen mode will automatically put the Control Bar in non-transparent mode. (This will avoid confusion since you can’t ‘tap’ things under the transparent control bar)
- Fixed a bug with Touch alignment so it is more precise now
- Added support for external keyboards. To use, connect/pair your keyboard, open AlwaysOnPC and login, and tap the virtual keyboard icon once to activate- then you should be good to go!
Known issues: There are a couple glitches with the new External Keyboard support:
- The arrow keys don’t work
- We have some bugs with the virtual keyboard freezing/crashing when selected
We’re working top priority to fix these asap!
Along with this release we’ve made some changes such that all new accounts will now have the following setup:
- “Single-click” mode by default
- Touchscreen mode is ON by default
We’ve also updated our Tutorial video – see this for a quick overview of all the changes:
Existing customers: Check this blog post for instructions and video how to set “Single-Click” mode: http://blog.alwaysonpc.com/single-or-double-click-you-can-choose-how-to-activate-apps-in-alwaysonpc/ Thanks for all your feedback – keep it coming!
Posted in: Announcements